Friday, June 01, 2007

Jewish History using Powerpoint - 1st Post

My project is to create a series of Powerpoint presentations on topics of Jewish history that will include source docs, maps, sounds, video clips, Q's and discussion points. I've already begun to create the presentations and have begun my research on adding sounds and video clips. The two areas I will need to focus on are a) mastering the technology b) finding the right audio and video material. Finding the right material will be fairly time consuming; first in establishing what is out there and then selecting what is appropriate for the students. Additionally, I may not be able to use all the material if its copyrighted.
I haven't been able to do that much yet as I have a stack of research papers and exams to grade.
If anyone come across some really great audio or video material or websites that would be relevant to Jewish history please let me know.
Thanks.
Joseph

1 comment:

Tikvah Wiener said...

I've done two PowerPoint presentations for Jewish History, one on Islamic art and one on the Gothic Cathedral. The one on the Gothic Cathedral is more extensive and also includes a few references to the negative way Jews and Judaism were depicted by the church (i.e., in church statuary, stained glass windows and manuscripts).