Thursday, November 01, 2007

Jewish HIstory Power Point Update

I just completed a PPT on the Jews, Greeks and Hellenism and am currently working on 2 PPts;
1) Return to Zion and 2) Chanukkah and the Maccabean Revolt. Its difficult to pull video material off existing DVD's (both from a technical and legal standpoint) so I've been attaching YOUTUBE
pieces that I find are relevant and appropriate. I plan to show the last PPt to my classes before our next exam and think it might be a good idea to give the students a version without the text and have them fill it in as we review. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Carrie Moaty said...

I'd love to see your Channukah power points! Would this be something you'd be willing to share with others ( getting full credit of course, with your name listed on the power point should it be shared in the end with students in another school)? Have a look at my website http://moaty.ghaonline.org/5js/Channukah.htm and see if you can use anything there... Thanks! Carrie

Elky Langer said...

I've also been pulling YouTube videos, though the quality isn't that great, obviously. I did speak to someone who had a terrific presentation that included clips from DVD's, and I asked her how she did it. Legally she said it was fine because of Fair Use--I guess the length of the video fit the Fair Use qualifications--but technically she admitted it was somewhat difficult.