Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Text and Context

This past month was a slow one in school, as we had Shiriyah for a week and then vacation. During Shiriyah, students pretend to go to class and teachers pretend to teach, but really the students are busy transforming the hallways in school into works of art, practicing songs and solos, making videos and creating Broadway-like Stomp presentations. It's actually a very exciting time in school, but not much traditional curriculum is covered. Teachers were instructed to be creative in lesson planning (usually about 1/3 to 1/2 of the class, if that much, shows up for class). I was pleased that some teachers told me that they made use of the Integration lessons I'd prepared and posted on the school website. The technology is in place for teachers to be able to share files and programs. Today, as well, after a Chumash Integration lesson, the teacher told me she would be downloading the presentation to give to her freshmen class (I only present to the 11th and 12th grades.). I'm happy that the system seems to be working out for everyone and that the technology makes sharing ideas so easy.

No comments: