Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lafayette, website, Elementary, CCJDS, March, 2008

Now that the AVI CHAI conference for all of us grantees has been set up and I have my tickets to NYC, I have begun spending time putting together what I hope will be a professional PowerPoint presentation of our school and our projects--all under 3 minutes! I tried adding audio and turning into a movie but it didn't work out as well as I wanted so I'm planning on just giving a brief narration as I show the slides.

So far, everything else about our multi-variegated project is running smoothly. Our tech team finally agreed on a final draft of a flow chart for our online FileMaker database for our report cards and sent it off to our outside consultant who is working on it. Although we had hoped to have this up and running by the beginning of the year, this did not happen and so we are at least planning on rolling this out for next Fall. It is the only aspect of our project that completely did not adhere to our time table.

We have pretty much exhausted the funding but so far that is fine because we have achieved all of our major goals. My role as Server Admin has not proved to be taxing at this point, now that everything is finally running smoothly. Aside from the minor printing or Internet connectivity glitch, everything is going very well so far!

No comments: