Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting ready for ISTE!

I'm so excited to be going to the ISTE conference in Philadelphia later this month. With my funding from the AVI CHAI foundation I'm able to attend in an economic climate that has really limited our professional growth opportunities.

It's been a few years since I last attended a national conference, so I spent a few minutes thinking about what my strategy will be to get the most out of the experience. There's a great Ning network for people who are going which is worth checking out.

In the Ning there's a section for people who are new to the conference. Some of the tips in there are awesome - especially the one about bringing pre-printed labels with your name and contact information to speed up the time you need to spend filling out vendors' information request forms. Love that!

I also spent a lot of time this week going through the conference schedule and putting events in my own personal conference planner. Even better - once you populate your conference planner you can export it to a calendar. Now my iCal on my iPad has all the events that I don't want to miss, so I'll have it with me.

Can't wait - hope to see you there!

Debbie

No comments: